6.7.11

Long Time, No Blog!

(currently listening to: blessings by laura story)

Hey Friends and Friendettes,

I am happy to announce that my vlogging is going rather well. However, it has not left much time for me to actually BLOG! I feel the need to update you all on a few events before further promoting my video blog.

Education:
I am proud to let you all know that I will be attending austin community college in the fall! I'll only be taking english and history. You know, just dipping my feet in the water before I go full throttle into the college thing. I've been debating and debating on what I want my major to be. Finally, I narrowed it down to something in the medical field. Now, I'm pretty sure I want to be a medical examiner. Which is more forensic-e, but still has the word medical in it. Perhaps if it does not work out, I will be a nutritionist or something of that nature, but I'm hoping I will stay the medical examiner route.

Work:
I got a job at a little diner called 24 diner, and it was such a wonderful job. On my first night waiting tables there I made 90 dollars. It was almost too good to be true. It was too good to be true. A few miscommunications with the manager meant cutting down on shifts for me which eventualy led to me having to quit. I still work at good old Logan's Roadhouse, bartending and waiting tables. Eep.

Cosmetology:
Now, I know what you are all thinking. Didn't I go to cosmetology school? Yes. And I had my internship. And I hated it. But I went ahead and took my state board exam anyway. And I failed it. Thus, the new job at the diner. After much discouragement and encouragement and this and that, I finally mustered up the guts to reschedule the thing. I believe it was that moment that I was thrown off the ship at 24 diner that I decided to give my career another go. It's not worth it to be so stressed out about a measly restaurant job when I could be making money in the industry I went to school for. Alas, I will be taking my board exam a second time on July 18. I pray that I pass and that the right job comes along for me!

Love and That Other Bull Crap:
My little broken heart has slowly, but surely, mended itself back to almost whole. I no longer obsess over and wish for being in a relationship. I have come to an understanding with myself that I am all I need. I am comfortable and confident, and I don't need a man. Life is tooooo short for me to have to depend on, care for, cater to, answer to, or be there for anyone else. And vice versa. I don't want to be a burden to anyone.

That being said, my wonderful father just got married, and my beautiful mother will soon be getting married. I couldn't be happier for them both. They have both finally found someone that fits their needs. It's a good thing.

Okay okay now back to my Vlogging:
So if you go to this website, you will be able to watch all of the videos I have uploaded. I put a lot of work into all of them, and hope one day to become a YouTube partner. If you don't know what that means, it basically means I make money based on how many views, subscribers, comments, etc.. I get. So what YOU have to do is go like my facebook page to be notified of new updates AND/OR create a YouTube account, subscribe, like, and comment my videos. YouTube has opened my eyes to a whole new world, and I love it. I just hope to make it worth my time.

Hopefully I will be posting more blog updates as opposed to vlogs here pretty soon. Because my little fingers do miss typing out all the things on my fickle mind. And I always feel a little better after it's all out in black and white.

Love to all and stay fickle,

-the fickle chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment