25.12.10

Holiday Greetings!

(currently: chatting with my mother and listening to the cat climbing in the Christmas tree)

Hello Everyone!

Feliz Navidad! I hope this little blog post finds everyone doing well. I'm currently in Lubbock with my mom for about 24 hours, then I'm heading back home to Austin! I had Christmas with my father, recieved a vacuum cleaner (which I've been DYING for) and a few other little gifts. I had so much fun visiting my nieces and nephew, brother, sister, my dad and his girlfriend. Here are a few little photos:

i <3 my polaroid app!

my brethren.


Three hours later on Christmas Eve, I headed on down to Lubbock to spend some time with my mother. Last night we enjoyed some hot spiced wine and a black pearl. I have recipes at the end of this post! This morning we opened gifts and lounged around chatting and snacking.

i painted this for my mother

i got these from mom! they are my favorite!

a nice BIG gift card to forever21 to get my career wardrobe started.

and last but not least, my favorite beverage. :)

In addition to all this, I opened my stocking to find a few little gifts such as magnets, socks, chapstick, and gum.

On another note, I had a car accident about a week ago. I was planning on buying a car in 2011, but that all happened a little sooner than expected as this was no little fender bender. My old car is fixable, but I figured "what the heck?" I am getting it fixed and trading it for a 2010 chevy cobalt! Luckily, my dad is my car salesmen, so everything has gone pretty smoothly. I'm thankful for my whole entire family! They are ALWAYS there to get me through anything.

bye bye car of my teenage-hood.

hello baby. :)
I hope everyone has enjoyed their Christmas and can find something to be cheerful about no matter what. I love you all!

Joyeux Noel from le cat.
-the fickle chicken.

RECIPES

hot spiced wine
(for a crowd of people!)
one tablespoon ground nutmeg
4-5 cinnamin sticks
one lemon sliced in 1/8-1/4 inch thickness
one large orange sliced in 1/4 inch thickness
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 cup whole cloves
1/3 cup powdered tang
1/3 cup sugar and natural lemon powdered iced tea mix
1/2 quart apple juice
2 quarts water

-take a strainer or coffee filter and place cloves and nutmeg inside and seal.
-pour all into a large crock pot or covered pan.
-slow heat to about the tempurature of a hot cup of coffee, stirring frequently.
-pour sangria, or some other relatively heavy red wine 1/2 glass to 1/2 glass of the above mulling brew.
that's it! to make it pretty, garnish with lemon or orange slice to float.
happy drinking!
(created by myself and a close friend!)

the black pearl
(enjoyed in a highball glass)
one shot of crown
less than a shot of kahlua
a squeeze of fresh lime
three cubes of ice
fill with h2o of choice
and bon drinkate` cheerful pirates!
(also created by myself and my momma!)

1 comment:

  1. I love keeping up with you via blogging. I am just finishing up my 365 blog for the second year in a row. just a few more days of this year, hard to believe! drive safely home, and we will def. try to catch each other on a visit soon. Love ya! oh, and i can't wait to see those pillows. :)

    ReplyDelete