19.7.11

blessings in disguise

(currently listening to: blessings by laura story)

Hello all,

If you follow me on facebook, you probably already know I was "let go" from my job at the restaurant. And if you know me personally, then you know that I feel like my whole world has ended. Again, I spent a day or two crying hysterically, cursing the world, cursing the stupid manager that made it all happen, cursing myself, and wanting to move back home to momma.

Then I talked to some people and really thought about the situation, and I'm going about this in a different sense from here on out. I know that God has something so much bigger planned for me now, and I never would have had the strength to walk away from this job. I can gurantee that if this had not happened, I would probably still be there in five years working as a manager. My mental capacity goes so much further beyond a stupid corporate restaurant.

So instead of going to college (because I now can not afford it), I am in the process of finding a job in the salon world. That's the only thing I can do right now. Trust me, I've looked at ALL other options.

i don't think it's ironic that "in God we trust" is on all of our forms of money.
all i can do right now is trust Him with my finances.
I've really found a lot of peace in reading Romans 8. You can read the whole chapter for yourself, but here are a few that stand out to me:

"...if God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who then is the one who condemns? No one... Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?... For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the PRESENT, nor the FUTURE, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:31-39

I'm really not trying to make this blog all about religion as I want it to be able to relate and reach out to people of all types. But when you literally have been stripped naked and have nothing but your faith, it's a little easy to post it everywhere.

Another verse that helps me a lot is this:

"trust in the Lord with ALL your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. in all your ways submit to Him and HE will make your paths straight." -proverbs 3:5-6

I know that only good will come out of this, I just have to keep my head up. Life is like one big puzzle. Every moment is a tiny piece that doesn't really make sense. Once the puzzle is complete and I have no more moments left, I will finally understand what the big picture is all about. And it will be a wonderful beautiful masterpiece that my gracious God has created for me. I just have to have faith.

Until next time,

-the fickle chicken.

1 comment: